Thursday 30 September 2010

Group Task

We where asked to write two lists with a minimum of 5 answers,
With what we want during the year and what we don't want to do throughout the year.

Want_
Image & Photography.
Work with promotional material.
Magazine & Layout.
Collaborate, preferably with a photographer.
Screen print.

Others that I wrote but didn't put into the 5 where,
Have a good/solid year.
Design language, pitching ideas and designs.
Website, need to get my online presence.
Placement/Industry Experience


Don't_
After Effects.
Leave with a portfolio I am unhappy with.
Websites, would like to design them, just not put them together and make them function.
Font design.
Illustration.

We also had to write a maximum of 20 words describing who we are as a designer;
DESIGN PRINT BASED PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL FOR HIGH END COMPANIES.
FOCUSING ON USE OF IMAGE/PHOTOGRAPHY.

After we had these, we where put into groups to talk about these,
I was put in a group with,
Marc, Ben, Anna, Luke, Leigh.

Between us we had to make three list, Practice, Context, Progression.
Putting in our wants and needs into them lists.

Practice_ Want_
Book making.
Screen print.
Info graphics.
High end for print.
Collaboration with other courses.
Comic books.
Collage style.
Photography.
Illustrate.
Studio experience.
Layout.

Practice_Need_
Identity.
Web presence.
Presentation skills.
Neat portfolio.
Understanding of screen, web and type skills.
Presence.
Wide skill based.
Confidence with your work.
Take risks.


Context_Want_
Design terminology in crits.
Professionalism.
Value & ethics, own.
Placement, studio and visits.
Galleries and shows.
Dealing with other industries dealing with design.

Context_Need_
Understanding of theories.
Dissertation.
Industry awareness.
Trends and fashions in design.


Progression_Want_
Feedback from professionals.
Placement/experience.
Freelance work before we leave.
Networking.
Studio experience.
Time management.
Live Briefs.

Progression_Need_
Portfolio.
Collaboration.
Cliental.
Identity & web.
Time management.
Peruse people & companies.
Planning & organisation/
Take risks.
Keep up to date with new software.

After this we had to read out our Wants and Don't wants for the year,
then the group asked that person questions, but they could not answer,
my questions where_

_ Screen Print, find briefs that I can use.
_ Combine Zeens.
_ Link photography and screen print, experiment.
_ High end companies & screen printing, will this work? Careful with company/brands.
_ Typography, do a short brief, get back into it? Don't just push it away.

On the whole I feel this session was really helpful,
from this it helped me clear up what I could do for my briefs, as after I annotated them all, and everything seems to be that bit more clear to me.
As I have written 14 briefs I feel I could nail that down to 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment