Monday 4 October 2010

Shepard Fairey Design

Shepard Fairey is a well known street designer, creating some of the biggest street art around, Obey.

Shepard Fairey is one of my favourite designers, I like his style of illustration and how he used bold lines and flat bright colours, with a limited colour pallet.

Below are a few examples of his work that I have been looking at that I feel I could use for my Movie posters designs_




With the two designs above they have again kept the colour pallet, but made the designs look abit more rougher than other example I have seen, still have the same design effect, and could be something I could work with, have a little mess about and play with.


Guns & Roses_ This is a good example of what I am looking into, same colour pallet used as Olly Moss, the design is simple, and is pretty clever, nicely put together.


Black Sabbath_ Reason for this being here is incase I would like to use people for the designs, this is a prime example of how I would like them to look on my own designs, like how they have been illustrated.


Shadow_ I like the simplicity of this design, using just a word, but it has a big effect, designs like this just appeal to me, same colour pallet once again.


Propaganda_ This isn't really a example of what I am going for, but I thought I would pop it up on here anyways, cause the use of the same colour pallet, but also it could be something I could have a test and mess about it maybe.

Looking at all these examples of Shepard Fairey & Olly Moss its made me grow on limited colour pallet in illustration, which is something that hasn't interested during my design career, till now.

No comments:

Post a Comment